Tuesday 30 October 2012

Oh Great - They've Changed The Layout

Just as you get used to doing it one way the powers that be "upgrade" and they have done this with blogger so I have just had to search for "create a new page" so I hope this one is worthwhile!

On Saturday I went to a workshop to learn how to make fabric covered baubles.  I have been looking forward to this for some time and it was everything I hoped.  Held by the ineffably energetic Sue from Springwood House Designs the group of lovely ladies gathered there all did the projects they wanted to learn from and several including me made baubles.

This is the first one I attempted and it was the "home spun" look I was aiming for -


The picture is a bit dark but hopefully you can get the idea.  This is the simplest design and works really well with this sore of fabric.  Of course I had to buy more of the fabric before I left and Sue has an Alladin's Cave where you can find all sorts of wonderful items for bauble making and other Christmas decorations.

The second one I tried was of the more traditional glamourous type -


  
There is something really satisfying about accomplishing these glittery ones.  Sue has many hanging in her shop and they are "wonderous to behold".

On Sunday night I wanted to go on and just sat, without too much thought I finished these.  
                               



I used material I already had and felt they were better just using one design.  I don't know about you but these felt more Victorian than Home Spun but I rather liked that.

Someone at the workshop said they sent one to their grandchild each year so they would have a set to start their own home with later on - what a lovely idea.

Well, that's all my crafting for the moment but I am full of ideas for Christmas and presents.  I hope you are having a fun time too.

Happy Crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment